Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Working at the Vets

About 4 years ago now I started working every other Saturday at the veterinarian's office. Reception mostly, help hold animals, draw up some vaccines, and take some temperatures. I did it because I was miserable at my job (really? really) and thought the divergence would help give me a fresh perspective.

Four years on and I'm wondering if it is still worth it. The problem is, I can't say no. If I could just stick with the every other weekend thing I would be fine, but they keep asking me to fill in here and there, in the evenings and extra Saturdays.

It is killing me. And, to work the evenings I have to leave my regular job a little early. If I were a stellar employee otherwise this would not be a big deal, but, you know.

So this morning I am trying to pump myself up to be able to call the Dr. and ask her to cut back on the hours. Why can't I just blurt it out? I feel bad about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment