So what about people who do read 100 books in a year. What is going on with them? Do they remember the books, do they skim through them hurdling beyond their mental speed limit? Do they pick easier, thinner books so they can quickly add it to the list? And because of this are they avoiding books like, Anna Karenina and The Brothers Karamazov? This line of thought leads to, what good is it to read 100 books in a year?
Maybe they want to add their name to an impressive looking list on the Internet with a link to their blog. Maybe it is desperateness for attention and to be a part of a group;
I mean, hey, that's totally my reason.
But now I have a list on my blog of the books I have read, and it will be interesting to note what year it is when I hit the 100 mark. Let me put it out there now, July 2014 is my prediction.
No comments:
Post a Comment