Since it is a '10 year and my age is also divisible by 10 this year it seems appropriate to amass a 10 year plan. So far I have: grow a great tomato, visit someplace new every year, and do not alienate family and friends. The "try not to alienate people" is really my way of trying to put into practice the few buddhist concepts of which I am aware. Like compassion, mindfulness, the way of the bodhisattva et al.
Really those three are plenty for me to tackle. We are in the new house, and a great tomato requires plenty of compost, sunshine, and a summer where I do not zone out and stop watering the thing for a month or so. And visiting someplace new every year is a stretch. The past 5 years we had not gone anywhere aside from my sister's. Then we had that vacation to South Dakota and I just loved it. It still sustains me even though it was 4 months ago now. Seeing new sights and thinking about new things was good for me and the husband too. As far as not alienating people...we're talking about an introverted, disorganized chick here. 'Nuff said.
No comments:
Post a Comment