Monday, September 14, 2009

If work were easy it wouldn't be called work.

Ahhh. After a delicious week of vacation, traveling and seeing new things, talking to new people, feeling yummy warm air and sunshine on my skin...work must be attended to once again. On the Monday back it felt like a Monday for sure and I started thinking once again about what the perfect job for me would be. For it can't possibly be this.

After years now of pondering this subject, for I am no spring chick, nothing has come of it really. Work is work and it's got to be done to pay the man and all his trappings.

After Monday depression sucked the air out of my lungs and that old tight pain in the chest returned I started running through my little ditties I say to myself to cope. The one that did the trick this time was, "I must do this for at least 25 more years [before social security or some kind of 401k kicks in]. Think about that, the thought that I must continue the 'quiet desperation' for 25 more years actually made me feel better. The fact that there is no way out and I am thoroughly convinced that I have actually run through all the other options in my head makes me feel better!

Just do it baby! Work the work for 25 more years. And try and love as many people who are stuck there with me, even if they're grouchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment